12 May 2012

Stuck is not a journey

In this article: Stuck is stuck, and no more a journey than treading water is swimming a race.

Overwhelmed, frustrated, trapped, living under a glass ceiling, misunderstood, angry or unclear is not the uncomfortable part of the journey into transformation, growth or success -- It's a place called... "Limbo"

I remember many years back when I was moving and had some stuff stolen. I reported it to the police, and when asked where I live, I answered -- "Well, I'm in limbo", to which the police officer replied. "In what district of Johannesburg is Limbo?"

Tread water for long enough and you will drown. Hoping that someone or some event will happen to save you or change things for the better, is called the Cinderella fantasy.

It's true, it may happen, but playing that game has worse odds than winning the national lottery.

There is a journey into stuck, there is a journey out of stuck. There's the journey of growth and the journey of back to stuck.

Stuck just means, what got you to here, won't get you there.

It's means it's time for a new way of thinking, because the old way passed its sell-by-date. But stuck has a narrative all of its own, a justification supporting its own existence. I just call it 'unnecessary' suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment