23 March 2012

Ridicule Is Usually Reserved For Those Who Try

At home we have an Indonesian helper, Yulia. She helps with the girls, keeps our home in order and most importantly cooks the food. Now Yulia loves spicy food, as do I, but for sometime I haven't had the opportunity to eat spicy food, which means I'm at spicy gym.

It happens on occasion that Yulia gets a little over-enthusiastic, and my poor palette just can't cope. She rolls about laughing as she sees me huffing and puffing, turning all shades of red with beads of perspiration forming on my face.

My wife and family won't touch the 'hot stuff', but love to participate in the merriment.

Isn't it funny how our ridicule is most often pointed not at those who won't do anything, but rather at those who try, and by comparison fail.

2 comments: